Every once in a while we see a movie, television series or concert that we can’t seem to shake off. I had such an experience recently when I watched Ari Aster’s second feature film Midsommar. As I’m quite a big fan of horror and therefore love what filmmakers like Ari Aster and Jordan Peele are doing for the genre, I was highly anticipating this movie. Not only did it exceed my expecations, its depiction of empathy is remarkable. Bear with me as I make my way through the main plot (spoiler free!) before diving into empathy.
In May 2018 we had the first large scale run of our brand new crisis game for teams. As part of an innovative teambuilding day, 60 team members from the ‘Webcomm’ units of the European Parliament joined Tim Van Achte, Mike Lauder and me (Robbert Meulemeester) in Brussels to save the world in an apocalyptic and chaotic scenario. Not only did we have lots of fun, as expected we also recognised many actual crisis management challenges about awareness, coordination, communication and team dynamics. In this blog post I’d like to share a few (already legendary) quotes of the day.
💡 Recent Articles
- Whiteboard as a Crucial Tool For Efficient Crisis Communication Meetings (Dutch Article)
- 10 Rapid-Fire Questions For Our New Colleagues Kim and Pieter-Michiel
- Dita Bauweraerts liep stage bij PM: “Een aanrader voor elke student!”
- The Importance of Resonance: How Midsommar Embodies Our Vision on Empathy
- RPADAS: un outil pratique à l’aide à la gestion de crise